Aluminum framing designs are available in a multitude of finish options.
- AAMA 611 – CLASS I
Class I anodic coating is a high-performance finish used for exterior building structures and other products that must withstand continuous outdoor exposure. Class I anodize is more resistant to salt spray and the sea coast, and it is more durable in high traffic areas.
- 70% PVDF Kynar – AAMA 2605 Superior Performing Organic Coatings
- 70% PVDF resin-based coatings are often referred to as Kynar or Kynar 500. Kynar 500 is a registered trademark of Arkema Inc. Hylar 5000 is a registered trademark of Solvay. These coatings offer the best performance for outdoor exposure in terms of resistance to humidity, color change, chalk, and gloss retention. The humidity and salt spray resistance is referred to as 4,000 hours of intense testing. This is a long-lasting durable finish that withstands the harshness of nature and time. No other coatings on aluminum are superior.
- 50% PVDF Kynar – AAMA 2604 High Performance Organic Coatings
- 50% PVDF resin-based coatings offer good color and gloss retention for outdoor exposure. It offers good hardness and abrasion resistance. The humidity and salt spray resistance is referred to as 3,000 hours of intense testing. These coatings are often used for storefront, doors, or other high traffic areas.
- Baked Enamels – AAMA 2603 Pigmented Organic Coatings
- Baked enamel coatings do not require a base coat of primer. Baked enamels are harder than PVDF coatings and are often used for interior applications where color retention, chalking, fading and weatherability are not required. The humidity and salt spray resistance is referred to as 1,000 hours of testing. Not recommended for exterior use.
All finishing is done before fabrication to assure ultimate adhesion and finish quality, and stringent quality control guidelines are followed throughout the process.
Please contact us for further information about finishes and color availability